Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried

I feel like the next 3 guys I dated were all for such a short period of time that I can't dedicate an entire blog post to each of them.

So after getting dumped on my birthday I meet a new guy a few weeks later at a bar (always a great meeting spot). He asked for 3 dates in a week. I don't know why girls have to play all cool and "hard to get" and yet there are guys like this in the world who will just put all his cards out on the table and not be afraid to show he likes a girl. Unfortunately I just wasn't into it (he was very nice but we just didn't have the same interests at all) soooo his not holding back just caused me to back up faster than I probably would have. I'm not really sure why girls feel the need to not be like this when they like a guy quite frankly. Him being a little over baring just made me realize faster that I didn't want to be with him, wouldn't someone want it to be over as soon as they knew instead of it just dragging on? Oh well. Next.

Around the same time I was introduced to a friend of a friend who and we were set to meet up at a bar and he got my number. This guy actually thought he was hot enough to start texting me and just asking me to come over to his place. Ummmm, I generally like to have at least a coffee or hang out a few times before I fuck thankyouverymuch.

Maybe a month after those guys mr "i dumped you on your birthday so maybe i owe you" suggests that I take a friend of his to a wedding that I didn't want to go to alone (because all my friends had dates. I went to 3 weddings alone last summer and "I can't help falling in love with you" followed by "unchained melody" is a popular duo that sucks for single girls).

Unfortunately instead of a favour it seemed to be more slow torture. Turns out he sort of liked me so I went on a date with him before the wedding. **Important learning: DO NOT go on a date with someone if you have a future date that you cannot get out of.* My first date was really great, but the second one... let's just say I don't deal well with PDA ESP if it's early on in a relationship. But then the shitty thing was that I HAD to see him again even though normally at this point I would just stop responding to msgs. To make a long story short... we weren't compatible and being forced to go on one more date to the wedding just made things go on longer than they really should have.

I know I sound like I just complain about nice boys but dating these 3 guys really made me realize how important it is to be with someone who gets me. Someone who doesn't need to touch and see me all the time, but wants to see me more than every 2 weeks at 3am. Where is the balance?

But in all seriousness these guys all just ended up annoying me, either because they didn't know anything about things I wanted to talk about, or because they thought they knew more than they actually did about things (that is probably the most annoying thing), or they thought they would try and "impress" me with tidbits of info that weren't relevant to the conversation at all. I'm a smart person, if I'm staring at you blankly it's not because I don't understand what you're saying... it's because I don't get how you could be using and not understand the context of what you're saying yourself. I just want a guy to be themselves and not try and force a connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment